Articles Submitted by Visitors
A Beautiful Poem by Nancy
~Spiritual Warfare ~
When the Holy Spirit
starts to move,
to stir the heart of man,
The enemy works overtime
to win them if he can.
He surely doesn't show himself
as "a devil dressed in red."
He's working undercover,
deceiving them instead.
Of course, that's what he does the best. He's known to be a liar.
He leads his victims subtly
into the lake of fire.
He doesn't say, "Now follow me; we're on our way to hell."
Depending on each victim,
a different story he will tell.
He tells each what they want to hear, whatever that may be,
Denying that God's word is truth for all to be set free.
With persuasive tales of many ways, 'though God's word says just one,
They place their trust in Satan's lies instead of in God's Son.
He does this for a living,
seduces men with lies.
The more the Holy Spirit moves,
the harder Satan tries.
He sets before his victims' assorted paths for them to choose,
Precisely what appeals to each ... but if they follow him, they'll lose.
Satan is a craftsman using people as his tools.
Building bridges paved with lies, crossed by many fools.
They refused "the narrow road."
that God has paved for us
Instead, the lies of Satan
have satisfied their lust.
Satan's called by many names; "the evil one," "the great deceiver,"
"murderer," and "roaring lion" who temps the unbeliever.
He'll come to them in many ways, even tempting God's elect;
As "an angel of light"
sometimes a "friend,"
his goal to misdirect.
But God, He holds the victory.
The war it has been won.
Still, the battles will go on
till Satan's work is done.
And yes, he's got an army that's working with him too,
Devoted to the cause of death, there's nothing they won't do.
So when the Holy Spirit Moves … know that Satan's moving too,
Leading many into darkness because they won't believe what's TRUE.
For those who know
God's saving grace,
Satan cannot steal your prize,
Though he'll continue
his deceitful ways,
enticing you with lies.
So be on guard and pray each day that you won't fall into his trap.
Place yourself in the arms of God, even sit upon His lap.
He'll wrap you in His love
He'll protect you from a fall,
He'll hold you tightly and give you strength, if only you will call.
xo Nancy - 1986 xo
Nancy: United States
- 11 Peter 5:8-9: Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of temptations and sufferings…
- Matthew 13:19: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart.
- Matthew 24:24: For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect if that were possible.
- John 8:44: Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
- Genesis 3: 1-5: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or surely you will die.'" "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
- Genesis 3: 13: Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done? "The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- Ephesians 2:1-2: As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the evil spirit who is now at work …
- Hebrews 2:14: ...He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might break the power of him who holds the power of death - that is, the devil.
- Isaiah 14:12-15: How are thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How are thou cut to the ground, which has weakened the nations! For thou[Satan] hast said in your heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like [God] the most High." Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell into the pit.
- Deuteronomy 13: 1-3: If a prophet or someone who has dreams arises among you and proclaims a sign or a wonder to you, and that sign or wonder he promised comes about, but he says 'Let us follow other gods,' which you have not known, 'and let us worship them, do not listen to that prophet's words or to that dreamer. For the LORD, your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul.
- James 4:7: Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Nancy: United States
Articles Submitted by Visitors
Trusting in Jesus Home Page
"As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases."